Step 1: Independent review of the criteria for the recognition of academic achievements
- Examination is taken at a state/state-recognised higher education institution abroad.
- No significant differences in content, i.e. courses have comparable content
- Scope, i.e. courses have similar scope of performance
- Level, i.e. comparable field of study (Bachelor's/Master's)
Step 2: Contact the professorship by e-mail
The following should be included in the e-mail
- Name of the foreign university
- Name of the programme attended
- Course syllabus of the courses from abroad with description of course content/ scope of ECTS/ credits
- Course description of the course at the IRWP professorship (module and name)
- After the documents have been checked, you will receive a notification by e-mail.
Step 3: Recognition Agreement
- Send the completed recognition agreement to the professorship.
- In case of recognition, make an appointment to pick up the recognition agreement.
- Conversion of the foreign grade into the German grading system by the International Office.
- Submit application for recognition to the office of the Examination Committee
- Documents to be submitted to the Examination Committee:
- Recognition agreement(s)
- "Transcript of Records (original and copy)
- Conversion of grades from the International Office
- Syllabus of the course
- Current certificate of study